Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Return to Tibet: A Radio Free Asia slideshow in four parts


Below are four pictures that, once clicked on, link to the four parts of Radio Free Asia's slideshow series "My Return to Tibet".

Here are the four articles at the RFA web site, that from there link to the four slideshow parts:

RFA: My Return to Tibet: A 17-Year Journey (part 1)

My Return to Tibet: Tibetan Landscape (part 2 of 4)

My Return to Tibet: Faces of Tibet (part 3 of 4)

My Return to Tibet: Tibetan Life (part 4 of 4)


_____



photos by Palden Gyal

written and produced for the Web by David Beasley and Palden Gyal

edited by Catherine Antoine and Sarah Jackson-Han



My Return to Tibet



_____



A 17-Year Journey (part 1)


"I offered prayer flags with my father. He brought the prayer flags from home. I remembered when I was a child and we had to practice these traditions in secret."



_____



Tibetan Landscape (part 2)


"Chakyung monastery cliffside. The buildings seem like a natural outgrowth of the stone."



_____



Faces of Tibet (part 3)


"The older one's face displays the true essence of sweetness and love. This is a face softened by time. The young nun's face betrays a curiosity about me."



_____



Everyday Life (part 4)


"Group prayer wheel spinning"
(Music: Om Saraswati So Ha! performed by Loten Namling)



_____



Radio Free Asia: Multi-Media



_____

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home